Many adults especially men hope to increase their sex drive because they want to be always energetic and active when it comes to their sexual-life. Most people get depressed because of impotency and Erectile Dysfunction. Thus, many of them are looking for supplements which can help them improve and enhance their sexual drives. Here is one of the most effective and most preferred testosterone or sex drive boosters that can help you with your problems.
What is Horny Goat Weed?
Horny Goat Weed (Epimedium) is an herb which contains certain chemicals that could help in the increase of blood flow and in improving sexual function. It was first discovered in China and it is known as Yin Yang Huo which means licentious goat plant. The Horny goat weed has been used in Chinese medicine for a long period of time for it is believed to aid in the treatment of low libido, erectile dysfunction, pain, fatigue and other health related conditions. Nowadays, there are some studies which prove that Epimedium could probably aid in erectile dysfunction with less side effects. Epimedium has greater effect in men and less in women but Epimedium is known to act as an estrogen that might reduce bone loss in premenstrual women.
Epimedium grandiflorum and Epimedium sagittatum are the terms used to call epimedium plants. The plant is then extracted or processed which then turns into the different forms of Epimedium such as pills, capsules, tablets, teas, or powder. The extracted Epimedium could be bought online and other stores which offer it and on the other hand horny goat weed tea is also available in stores.
Benefits of Epimedium
Men use Epimedium extracts as a natural alternative for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) and they also use it as an aphrodisiac. Epimedium is believed to aid in several health issues such as asthma, bronchitis, cervical dysphasia, congestive heart failure (CHF), leucorrhoea, leukopenia, and viral infections of the heart.
- Epimedium increases sex drive
- Epimedium is a remedy for Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Epimedium increase muscle mass and sports endurance
- Epimedium is a natural anti-depressant and stress reliever
In the list of Chinese Academy of Medial Sciences, epimedium is considered as a special class of herb that can alleviate symptoms of menopause and could contribute in prolonging the lifespan of a certain person. Nowadays, there are a lot of claims that Horny goat weed really has sex-improving effects and these claims also state that it helped them improve their life. In addition, it was also discovered recently that Epimedium has great immune-modulating activity.
How does it work in our body?
Epimedium contains the substance Icariin which has important roles in the erection of men. Icariin boosts the level of nitric oxide which then leads to a better blood circulation, and of course a better erection. In addition, Icariin impedes PDE 5 enzyme (an enzyme which hinder men from having erection) which make Icariin function in the same way with Viagra and other erectile dysfunction medicines.
Side Effects of Epimedium
- Mild headaches but can subside after the initial week of dosage.
2. Aggression in men due to increased energy level.
3. Sometimes, allergies.
4. Fever or hot symptoms.
- 1 – 3 grams/day
2. Capsules/Tablets: 250 mg – 500 mg/ day
3. For Horny Goat weed tea: 5 gram (1 tsp) 3 times a day and normally after being decocted in 250 ml of water for 10-15 minutes.
- It is not safe for pregnant women to take in Epimedium because it may affect the development of fetus in the womb.
- It is not recommended for people with bleeding illnesses or people who underwent surgery to use Horny Goat Weed because it slows blood clotting and there is a great possibility that Horny goat weed increases the risk of bleeding. Horny goat weed slows blood clotting and might increase the risk of bleeding and make it really worse.
- It is not also safe for patients with breast and uterine cancer to take in Horny Goat Weed because it increases the level of estrogen.
- Horny Goat Weed may lower blood pressure so people with low blood pressure are advised not to take this supplement.