The High-Worth Value of Fenugreek
Fenugreek is a plant with a height of two feet, with white flowers and gold seeds. Fenugreek is grown in some parts of Europe and Asia and it is used as a medicine and as a spice. Fenugreeks’ dried leaves, fresh leaves and seeds are all used by humans whether to improve health or to improve the taste of their recipes. These are the common benefits of Fenugreek but let us dig deeper and know more about the wonders of Fenugreek.
The Specific Benefits of Fenugreek
Fenugreek herbs are noted to contain several nutrients such as protein, niacin, vitamin C and other essential nutrients so it could really aid on the following:
1. Fenugreek is a great help for moms who are breast feeding. Mothers who have low milk supply can take Fenugreek herbs to increase breast milk. Though Fenugreek aids in increasing breast milk, moms should also pump their breast so fenugreek could do its job. How are you going to pump? Pump means you have to make sure that your breast is empty every 2 to 3 hours. If your breasts are not emptied, Fenugreek will not improve the amount of milk in your breasts. Though there are foods which help in increasing milk supply, it is still not enough, mothers who are really having difficulty in increasing their breast milk could use Fenugreek to produce what babies need; mother’s milk.
2. People with diabetes can benefit from Fenugreek herbs. Fenugreek herbs are noted to be herbs for diabetic. Food consumption with fenugreek supplementation lowers blood sugar. This suggests that Fenugreek could aid in alleviating diabetes because it could lower glucose or blood sugar and it can even lower the amount of cholesterol in our bodies. In addition, Fenugreek also lowers the fats in the blood of diabetic people. This means that diabetic people who are taking Fenugreek will have a lesser tendency of having other complications due to high blood pressure. In addition, fenugreek is also known to have cancer-fighting properties so it might as well help in curing some forms of cancer.
3. Fenugreek paste could also be a treatment for skin problems such as rashes, boils and other skin infections such as swelling. The paste is directly applied to the wound or the area infected in order to cure it. It is directly applied to alleviate or even remove the itch, irritation and the pain the infections cause.
4. Fenugreek also helps in sexual relationship of both men and women. Fenugreek is known as an aphrodisiac and it increases the libido of men. This suggests that Fenugreek awakens the sexual desires of both men and women. In addition, Fenugreek also helps men who have problems in erection; it means Fenugreek aids in treating impotency.
5. Fenugreek is also noted to help in treating common pain most people experience such as stomachache, headache and even colds. As I have mentioned, fenugreek herbs contain vitamin c so it helps in curing common colds and even sore throats caused by infections or the changing weather.
6. Fenugreek also gives benefits to women who experiences menstrual pain because Fenugreek herbs has the capability to reduce pain whenever a woman experiences menstrual flow. Fenugreek is also a good herb to get rid of constipation and even diarrhea.
7. Fenugreek contains the chemical choline which helps to slow mental aging. What does this suggest? This means that people who are taking Fenugreek will have slower mental aging, they won’t forget things easily and of course there is lesser probability of accidents due to inability to memorize and to remember things especially in a stressful situation. For the elderly, there will be no problem in recognizing people.
8. If you are a person who loves to eat a lot, then this might be very good news for you! Fenugreek could also help in decreasing the occurrences of heartburn, simply take any form of Fenugreek herbs before a meal and heartburn will go away.
Application of Fenugreek in the Kitchen
Fenugreek herb supplements do not only give health benefits but also kitchen benefits. What do I mean with that?
- Fenugreek could also give benefits in the kitchen. You can cook different cuisines using one spice, Fenugreek. It is safe to use in the kitchen and it is used in India to cook different kinds of food including rice! Fenugreek is even used in salad and curries. The aroma and taste of Fenugreek gives it the ability to be an effective ingredient. So, what are you waiting for? Isn’t it time for you to have an experiment and provide your family a healthier recipe?
Notes on Fenugreek
Presented to you are facts about the Fenugreek herb supplements, the benefits listed above are facts. The benefits are going to be enjoyed if and only if the herb is used properly with the exact amount, using the herb too much is never recommended because it can give serious side effects which may lead to unwanted results. If you are planning to have Fenugreek in your diet but you are under medication, consult your physician first to avoid contraindications. In addition, if you are not sure about the dosage of Fenugreek you are going to take, do not apply self-medication, and visit your physician instead so that you will be able to enjoy the benefits of Fenugreek herb supplements.