Losing weight is extremely difficult; you have to be conscious about your diet; exercise and many other aspects you have to consider. In this case, it is like you are deprived from doing your daily routine. Now, we have an aid in losing weight, Green Coffee Bean Extract.
What is Green Coffee Bean Extract?
Green coffee bean extract is a compound extracted from raw coffee bean seeds which contain compounds such as caffeine and chlorogenic acid. Chlorogenic acid is a polyphenol antioxidant and said to be the main active component of the green coffee beans which is found out to be responsible for weight loss by lowering our body’s fat absorption. However, if green coffee beans are roasted, chlorogenic acid fades away making it ineffective. Thus, green (raw) coffee bean extract has higher amount of Chlorogenic acid compared to the brown (roasted) coffee beans. Green coffee bean extract as potent aid in weight loss was popularized by Dr. Oz in 2012. Since then, there have been many studies done to find out about the efficacy of Green coffee bean extract. From the different studies, green coffee bean was proven to be effective not only for weight loss but it also for other health benefits.
Benefits of Green Coffee Bean Extract (GCBE)
Based from different studies, the following are benefits of green coffee bean extract:
- Green Coffee Bean aids in cutting weight effectively– some studies have proven that it is an effective agent to lose weight even without exercising, dieting or changing the daily routine.
- Green Coffee Bean Extract enhances metabolism– it burns the body fat faster so there is no need to go to gym but still improves your body metabolism.
- Green Coffee Bean Extract obstructs the development of diabetes –it reduces glucose absorption in the body.
- Green Coffee Bean Extract hinders heart diseases–reduces the absorption of carbohydrates from the digestive system maintaining the amount of sugar in the body at the same time lowers the blood pressure.
- Green Coffee Bean Extract helps in preventing hypertension– people who take green coffee bean extract with proper dose can positively affect blood vessels reducing blood pressure.
- Green Coffee Bean Extract slows down aging – because of its antioxidant property, it helps prevent aging.
- Green Coffee Bean Extract improves mood – a study done in 2012 found out that it positively affects the mood and cognition of healthy elderly people.
In spite of the mentioned benefits, there are still some people who are contradicting it because according to them, there are insufficient evidences to prove the efficacy of the product.
Side Effects of Green Coffee Bean Extract
Green Coffee Bean Extract appears to be safe for human consumption, however, listed below are some of the common side effects and with limited basis so might be just a coincidence:
- headache and urinary tract infection
- anxiety, jitters, rapid heartbeat
- allergies (for people who have history of allergy)
Safety and Dosing
Dosing depends on the concentration of the product. Based from studies done, the dose used range from 240 mg-1,200 mg per day. However, the recommended dose is 400 mg served 3 times a day 30 minutes before every meal.
Note: The maximum dose of Green Coffee Bean Extract should be 1,200 mg a day. Remember taking too much Chlorogenic acid can result to heart disease since it increases the amount of the amino acid homocysteine which leads to the hardening of arteries and blood clotting.