What Is Ascorbyl Palmitate?
Ascorbyl palmitate is a chemically synthesized compound obtained through the esterification of ascorbic acid, commonly known as vitamin C, and palmitic acid, a saturated fatty acid. Due to its antioxidant properties, it is frequently utilized as a dietary supplement and food additive.
Ascorbyl palmitate is a modified version of vitamin C that demonstrates enhanced stability and lipid solubility compared to its hydrophilic counterpart, owing to its capacity to dissolve lipids. The compound functions as an antioxidant by scavenging and neutralizing free radicals, which are molecules that lack stability and can potentially cause oxidative harm to cells.
One of the main benefits of ascorbyl palmitate is its ability to extend the shelf life of certain food products by inhibiting oxidation and preventing the rancidity of fats and oils. It is commonly added to processed meats, baked goods, snacks, and dietary supplements.
In addition to its antioxidant properties, ascorbyl palmitate may have potential benefits for skin health. It is often used in cosmetics and skincare products because it protects against oxidative stress and promotes collagen synthesis.
It’s important to note that ascorbyl palmitate is a synthetic compound not naturally occurring in foods. While ascorbyl palmitate is generally considered safe for oral consumption and topical use, it is advisable to follow the recommended dosages and consult with a healthcare professional or a dermatologist before using supplements or skincare products that contain this compound.
Standard Ascorbyl Palmitate Powder Specifications
Ascorbyl Palmitate powder is available in various purities depending on the supplier and application. Here are some typical possible purities of Ascorbyl Palmitate powder:
- Ascorbyl Palmitate powder 95%
- Ascorbyl Palmitate powder 98%
- Ascorbyl Palmitate powder 99%
|Particle Size||Fine powder|
|Water Content||≤ 0.5|
|Test Method||TLC, UV-Vis|
|MOQ (minimum order quantity)||1kg|
|OEM Service||Available, such as capsules, tablets, pills, etc.|
Is Ascorbyl Palmitate Natural Or Synthetic?
Ascorbyl palmitate is a synthetic compound. It is created through a chemical process that combines ascorbic acid (vitamin C) with palmitic acid, a saturated fatty acid. The resulting compound, ascorbyl palmitate, is a fat-soluble form of vitamin C with improved stability and solubility in lipids compared to water-soluble vitamin C.
While ascorbyl palmitate is derived from naturally occurring substances (ascorbic acid and palmitic acid), it is not considered a natural compound. It is primarily produced in a laboratory setting as a food additive, dietary supplement, and ingredient in skincare products.
It’s important to note that natural forms of vitamin C, such as that found in fruits and vegetables, are typically in the water-soluble form of ascorbic acid. Ascorbyl palmitate is an alternative to water-soluble vitamin C in specific applications due to its improved stability and lipid solubility.
What Is The Source Of Ascorbyl Palmitate Powder?
Ascorbyl palmitate powder is a synthetic compound not sourced from natural substances. It is produced through a chemical synthesis process in a laboratory by combining ascorbic acid (vitamin C) with palmitic acid, a saturated fatty acid.
While ascorbic acid can be derived from natural sources such as fruits and vegetables, creating ascorbyl palmitate involves the modification of ascorbic acid to form a new compound. The palmitic acid synthesizing ascorbyl palmitate can be derived from various sources, including vegetable oils or animal fats.
It’s important to note that the synthetic production of ascorbyl palmitate allows for control over its properties and consistency regarding stability and solubility. It makes it suitable for various applications, including as a food additive, dietary supplement, and ingredient in cosmetic and skincare products.
What are the benefits of Ascorbyl Palmitate?
Ascorbyl palmitate offers several potential benefits in various applications. Here are some of its key benefits:
- Antioxidant Protection: Ascorbyl palmitate operates as an antioxidant by safeguarding cells against oxidative harm instigated by free radicals. The process of scavenging and neutralizing harmful molecules decreases oxidative stress and promotes cellular health.
- Food Preservation: Ascorbyl palmitate is commonly used as a food additive to extend the shelf life of products containing fats and oils. Its antioxidant properties help inhibit the oxidation of these ingredients, preventing rancidity and maintaining the quality and freshness of the food.
- Enhanced Vitamin C Stability: Ascorbyl palmitate is a fat-soluble form of vitamin C, which provides increased stability and solubility in lipid-based systems. It can help protect and maintain vitamin C’s potency in formulations containing oils or fats, such as dietary supplements or cosmetic products.
- Collagen Synthesis Support: Ascorbyl palmitate is known to stimulate collagen synthesis, a crucial protein for maintaining the strength and elasticity of the skin. Stimulating collagen synthesis has been shown to enhance skin aesthetics, mitigate the manifestations of senescence, and bolster cutaneous well-being.
- Skincare Benefits: Due to its antioxidant and collagen-stimulating properties, ascorbyl palmitate is commonly used in skincare products. It can help protect the skin against oxidative stress, support skin firmness and elasticity, and contribute to a youthful appearance.
Where can you buy bulk Ascorbyl Palmitate powder online?
Experience the ultimate convenience and quality at Nutri Avenue, your go-to destination for bulk Ascorbyl Palmitate powder online. Unlock the power of this remarkable compound effortlessly with just a few clicks. Trust Nutri Avenue for exceptional purity, superior sourcing, and unmatched customer satisfaction. Elevate your formulations and enhance your products with the finest Ascorbyl Palmitate powder. Embrace success with Nutri Avenue today!
What Is Ascorbyl Palmitate Powder Manufacturing Process?
Ascorbyl palmitate is a lipophilic compound derived from ascorbic acid and commonly present in personal care products and dietary supplements. The customary procedure for producing ascorbyl palmitate powder encompasses the following stages.
Ascorbyl Palmitate is a Vitamin C derivative (ascorbic acid) with different properties and uses.
Ascorbic acid represents the variant of vitamin C that is soluble in water, whereas Ascorbyl Palmitate denotes a derivative that is soluble in fat. Ascorbyl Palmitate exhibits superior stability and solubility in lipid-based matrices compared to ascorbic acid.
Ascorbyl Palmitate is a synthetic ingredient, so it is considered inorganic.
Yes, Ascorbyl Palmitate is an active ingredient in specific formulations due to its antioxidant and collagen-stimulating properties.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has classified Ascorbyl Palmitate as GRAS for its intended applications as a dietary supplement and food additive.
Nonetheless, the explicit requirement of FDA approval for Ascorbyl Palmitate as an individual ingredient is absent.