What Is Chlorogenic Acid?Chlorogenic acid is a member of the hydroxycinnamic acid family of compounds and is classified as a polyphenol. It is a type of phenolic acid found in various plants, particularly in coffee beans. Chlorogenic acid is synthesized by esterifying caffeic acid with quinic acid, which occurs naturally in many fruits and vegetables. Chlorogenic acid is an antioxidant that scavenges free radicals and reduces oxidative damage, which can increase the risk of chronic illnesses. It also has anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, and anti-cancer attributes. One of chlorogenic acid’s most well-known health benefits is its potential to promote weight loss. It is thought to inhibit the absorption of glucose in the intestines, which can lead to reduced blood sugar levels and decreased appetite. Additionally, chlorogenic acid may boost metabolism and increase the amount of fat that is burned for energy. Chlorogenic acid is also commonly used in the food industry as a natural additive. It enhances the flavor and aroma of many foods, particularly coffee. Additionally, it is used as a natural preservative to extend the shelf life of products.
Common Chlorogenic Acid Powder SpecificationsChlorogenic acid (CGA) is available in different purities, ranging from 45% to 99%. CGA’s purity depends on the extraction, isolation, and purification method used. Here are some typical CGA purities:
- Chlorogenic acid, CGA powder 45-50%
- Chlorogenic acid, CGA powder 60-70%
- Chlorogenic acid, CGA powder 80-90%
- Chlorogenic acid, CGA powder 95-99%
|Appearance||White to pale yellow crystalline powder|
|Content||45% to 98%|
|Purity||95% to 99%|
|Particle Size||80 mesh to 200 mesh|
|Certifications||Kosher, Halal, ISO, GMP, Non-GMO|
|Water Content||≤ 5%|
|Test Method||HPLC, UV-VIS Spectrophotometry|
|MOQ (minimum order quantity)||1kg|
|OEM Service||Available, such as capsules, tablets, pills, etc.|
What Is The Source Of Chlorogenic Acid Powder?Chlorogenic acid (CGA) is a naturally occurring compound in various plants, particularly coffee beans. CGA is synthesized in plants by esterifying caffeic acid with quinic acid, a common metabolite in many fruits and vegetables. Other dietary sources of CGA include apples, pears, eggplant, blueberries, and tomatoes. CGA powder can be extracted from plant sources using various methods, including solvent extraction, supercritical fluid extraction, and solid-phase extraction. In the case of coffee beans, CGA is removed from the green, unroasted beans using a solvent such as ethanol or water. The resulting extract is then concentrated and purified to obtain CGA in the desired purity. CGA is also produced through biotechnology, such as microbial fermentation and genetic engineering. Microorganisms such as bacteria and yeast can be engineered to deliver CGA by introducing genes that encode the enzymes involved in its biosynthesis. This approach offers a more sustainable and efficient way of producing CGA than traditional extraction methods.
What are Chlorogenic Acid benefits?CGA has potential health benefits, but further research is required to validate these effects. The reported benefits of CGA include the following:
- Antioxidant properties: CGA is a potent antioxidant that can help protect cells from oxidative stress, contributing to aging and many chronic diseases.
- Anti-inflammatory effects: CGA exhibits anti-inflammatory properties that can mitigate systemic inflammation.
- Weight loss: CGA has been linked to weight loss and improved glucose metabolism in some studies. It may reduce the absorption of carbohydrates and fats and increase the body’s metabolic rate.
- Cardiovascular health: In some studies, CGA has been shown to help improve blood pressure and lipid profile. It also helps reduce the risk of heart disease by reducing oxidative stress and inflammation.
- Neuroprotection: CGA exhibits neuroprotective properties that could mitigate age-related cognitive decline and neurodegenerative disorders like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Liver health: CGA exhibits hepatoprotective properties that can safeguard the liver against the detrimental effects of toxins and other dangerous agents.
Where can you buy high-quality bulk Chlorogenic Acid powder?Nutri Avenue is the answer if you’re looking for high-quality bulk Chlorogenic Acid powder. Nutri Avenue guarantees a pure and potent product with its dedication to sourcing the best ingredients and commitment to quality control. Trust us to provide the raw ingredients you need to create special supplements, drinks, and food products.
What Is Chlorogenic Acid Powder Manufacturing Process?The manufacturing process for chlorogenic acid (CGA) powder typically involves the following steps:
Chlorogenic Acid is found in various plant sources, including coffee beans, apples, pears, blueberries, and tomatoes.
Herbs that contain Chlorogenic Acid include green coffee bean extract, yerba mate, and artichoke.
Green tea typically contains small amounts of Chlorogenic Acid, ranging from about 0.1% to 0.5% by weight.
Green and black tea contain small amounts of Chlorogenic Acid, but the content is generally lower than in coffee beans and other plant sources.
Yes, apples are a dietary source of Chlorogenic Acid, with concentrations ranging from 5 to 50 milligrams per 100 grams of fresh apple.
Chlorogenic Acid is moderately soluble in water, with a solubility of about 30 grams per liter at room temperature.
The FDA does not approve Chlorogenic Acid as a drug or dietary supplement ingredient, but it is generally recognized as safe (GRAS) for use in food products.