What Is Dihydromyricetin?
Dihydromyricetin (DHM) is a flavonoid compound derived from Ampelopsis grossedentata, also known as the vine tea plant or “Hovenia dulcis.” It has a long history of use in traditional Chinese medicine and has gained attention for its potential health benefits. DHM possesses antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, making it a subject of scientific research in recent years.
DHM has been studied for its potential effects on various aspects of health. One area of interest is its potential in relieving hangover symptoms and improving alcohol metabolism. It has been investigated for its ability to mitigate the adverse effects of alcohol consumption, providing potential relief from hangover symptoms.
Additionally, DHM is believed to have hepatoprotective properties, meaning it can support liver health. It has shown potential in reducing oxidative stress, inflammation, and liver damage caused by toxins or alcohol.
Furthermore, DHM exhibits anti-inflammatory activity, which may benefit inflammation and oxidative stress conditions. It has also been studied for its neuroprotective effects, showing the potential to reduce oxidative stress and inflammation and protect against neuronal damage. It makes DHM an area of interest in research related to Alzheimer’s disease and neurodegenerative disorders.
In addition, DHM has been investigated for its potential to regulate blood sugar levels. Studies suggest that it may enhance insulin sensitivity and glucose metabolism, which could affect glucose regulation.
Common Pure Bulk Dihydromyricetin Powder Specifications
Dihydromyricetin (DHM) pure powder can be available in different purities, depending on the product and manufacturing process.
- Vine tea extracts Dihydromyricetin powder 98% pure: This indicates that the powder contains a minimum of 98% DHM, with the remaining 2% potentially comprising other natural plant compounds, excipients, or fillers used in the formulation.
- Dihydromyricetin 100% pure powder: This suggests that the powder is entirely composed of DHM without any added substances or impurities. It is a highly concentrated form of DHM, ensuring maximum purity.
|Fine crystalline powder
|Min. 98% DHM
|HPLC, GC, Microbiological tests
|MOQ (minimum order quantity)
|Available, such as capsules, tablets, pills, etc.
What Are The Natural Sources Of DHM Powder?
Dihydromyricetin (DHM) is primarily found in Ampelopsis grossedentata, commonly known as the vine tea plant or “Hovenia dulcis.” This plant is native to East Asia, particularly regions such as China, Japan, and Korea.
The vine tea plant is a deciduous vine that belongs to the Vitaceae family. It produces small fruits that resemble grapes but are not commonly consumed. The leaves of the vine tea plant contain high concentrations of dihydromyricetin and are the primary source of this compound.
The vine tea plant has traditionally been used in East Asian countries, especially China, as a medicinal plant. The leaves are often brewed into tea or processed to extract dihydromyricetin for its potential health benefits, including liver protection and hangover relief.
It’s important to note that while the vine tea plant is the leading natural source of dihydromyricetin, the compound can also be synthesized in a laboratory setting. Synthetic DHM may be used in dietary supplements or other products, but natural sources from the vine tea plant are generally considered more desirable due to their plant-based origin.
What Is The Active Ingredient In Hovenia Dulcis Extract?
The active ingredient in Hovenia dulcis extract, derived from the vine tea plant, is primarily dihydromyricetin (DHM). DHM is a flavonoid compound considered the critical bioactive component responsible for many potential health benefits associated with Hovenia dulcis extract.
Dihydromyricetin is known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It has been studied for its potential effects on liver protection, alcohol metabolism, hangover relief, neuroprotection, and glucose regulation.
When considering Hovenia dulcis extract products, it’s essential to ensure they contain a standardized amount of dihydromyricetin and are sourced from reputable manufacturers or suppliers who adhere to quality control standards. It ensures that the extract provides the desired benefits associated with DHM.
What is the function of Dihydromyricetin?
Dihydromyricetin (DHM) has been associated with various potential functions and effects. Here are some of the particular parts of dihydromyricetin:
- Antioxidant activity: DHM has potent antioxidant qualities that can help neutralize damaging free radicals and protect cells from oxidative stress and damage. This antioxidant activity contributes to its potential health benefits.
- Liver protection: DHM has been studied for its hepatoprotective effects, which may help protect the liver from damage caused by toxins, oxidative stress, or alcohol consumption. It has shown potential in reducing liver inflammation, promoting liver cell regeneration, and supporting overall liver health.
- Alcohol metabolism: DHM has been investigated for its potential to enhance alcohol metabolism and alleviate some of the adverse effects of alcohol consumption. It may help increase the metabolism of alcohol and its byproducts, potentially reducing the duration and severity of hangover symptoms.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: DHM exhibits anti-inflammatory activity, which can help reduce inflammation. It may have implications for inflammation and oxidative stress conditions, such as certain chronic diseases or inflammatory disorders.
- Neuroprotective effects: DHM has shown potential as a neuroprotective agent, meaning it may help protect neurons from damage and support overall brain health. It has been studied for its potential to reduce oxidative stress and inflammation and protect against neurodegenerative conditions.
- Glucose regulation: DHM has been investigated for its potential to regulate blood sugar levels. It may enhance insulin sensitivity and glucose metabolism, potentially benefiting individuals with diabetes or those seeking to maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
Who is the top DHM Dihydromyricetin Supplier?
Nutri Avenue, the unrivaled leader in DHM Dihydromyricetin powder supply! With our unwavering commitment to quality, impeccable sourcing, and cutting-edge manufacturing techniques, Nutri Avenue stands atop the DHM industry. Trust our superior DHM ingredient, backed by stringent quality control, and elevate your well-being with the trusted name in the business – Nutri Avenue!
How To Manufacture DHM Pure Powder?
The manufacturing process of producing DHM (dihydromyricetin) pure powder involves several steps.
Yes, DHM exhibits antioxidant activity.
The bioavailability of Dihydromyricetin can vary depending on factors such as the formulation, dosage form, and individual variations. It is important to note that specific bioavailability data may vary, and further research is needed to determine the exact bioavailability of Dihydromyricetin.