What Is Hesperidin?
Hesperidin is a flavonoid compound that belongs to a larger group of plant pigments known as citrus bioflavonoids. It is primarily found in the peels and membranes of citrus fruits, particularly oranges, and lemons.
Hesperidin derives its name from the Hesperides, nymphs from Greek mythology who were guardians of the golden apples.
Common Bulk Hesperidin Powder Specifications
Pure hesperidin powder can be obtained in various purities. Two examples are:
- Hesperidin powder 90% pure
- Hesperidin 98% pure powder
|Particle Size||80 mesh or as per customer requirement|
|Certifications||GMP, ISO 9001, ISO 22000|
|Water Content||≤ 5%|
|Test Method||HPLC, UV-VIS|
|MOQ (minimum order quantity)||1kg|
|OEM Service||Available, such as capsules, tablets, pills, etc.|
Where Does Hesperidin Extract From?
Hesperidin is primarily extracted from the peels and membranes of citrus fruits, particularly oranges, and lemons. These citrus fruits are rich sources of Hesperidin, and the compound is concentrated in the outer layer of the fruit, including the peels and the pithy white membranes surrounding the fruit segments.
Once extracted, Hesperidin can be further processed and used in various forms, including as a dietary supplement or as an ingredient in food, beverages, and skincare products.
What Is Hesperidin Powder Manufacturing Process?
- The process begins with sourcing high-quality citrus fruits, primarily oranges or lemons.
- The citrus peels and membranes containing Hesperidin are separated from the fruit. The extraction process involves grinding or shredding the peels and membranes to break them into smaller pieces. Different extraction methods, such as solvent extraction using ethanol or water, can be used.
- Once the extraction is complete, the liquid extract containing Hesperidin is filtered to remove any solid particles or impurities.
- The filtered extract is then concentrated to remove excess moisture and increase the engagement of Hesperidin. Various techniques like evaporation or spray drying may be employed to achieve the desired concentration.
- Purification processes, such as chromatography or crystallization, may be utilized to refine the hesperidin extract further. These processes help separate impurities and isolate Hesperidin in its pure form.
- The pure hesperidin extract is subjected to drying methods to remove any remaining moisture and convert it into a dry, powdered form. Techniques like spray drying or freeze drying are commonly employed to preserve the integrity of the compound during the drying process.
- The final hesperidin powder undergoes rigorous testing, such as chromatography and spectroscopy, to verify the composition and validate the product’s specifications.
- Finally, pack it.
What is Hesperidin used for?
Hesperidin possesses a notable characteristic in its antioxidant activity, which safeguards cells against the detrimental effects of free radicals. Unstable molecules known as free radicals have the potential to cause oxidative stress and give rise to a range of health complications.
Furthermore, it exhibits anti-inflammatory effects by inhibiting certain enzymes and reducing the release of pro-inflammatory molecules in the body. This anti-inflammatory property makes Hesperidin potentially beneficial for conditions related to chronic inflammation.
Hesperidin has also been studied for its potential positive impact on cardiovascular health. It may help improve blood circulation, reduce blood pressure, and promote the health of blood vessels. These effects can contribute to a lower risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Another area of interest is Hesperidin’s potential to support the immune system. Some studies suggest that Hesperidin has immunomodulatory effects, aiding in regulating and supporting immune system function. It may enhance immune cell activity and reduce inflammation associated with immune responses.
In addition to its potential health benefits, Hesperidin may positively affect skin health. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties make it a popular ingredient in skincare products and supplements. Hesperidin promotes healthy skin, reduces oxidative damage, and supports collagen production.
Who is the top bulk Hesperidin supplier?
Nutri Avenue is a professional raw ingredients supplier, including Hesperidin. We choose fresh and natural sources of Hesperidin. Then, we manufacture this ingredient according to strict production regulations. It is also tested by 3rd-party. Welcome to get a free quote.
Yes, Hesperidin is a bioactive flavonoid compound with antioxidant properties that mitigate harmful free radicals within the human body, safeguarding cellular structures against oxidative stress-induced harm. The potential health benefits of the substance are attributed to its antioxidant properties.
Hesperidin is water-soluble, meaning it can dissolve easily in water-based solutions. This characteristic enables its incorporation into various products and formulations.