What Is L-Arabinose?
L-Arabinose is named after Gum Arabic because it was originally isolated from the colloid secreted by the Arabic tree. It is an aldopentose sugar. It is also a monosaccharide with five carbon atoms and contains an aldehyde functional group (CHO). Its sweetness is about 50% that of sucrose.
L-Arabinose VS D-Arabinose
There are 8 stereoisomers of arabinose. Common ones are β-L-arabinose and β-D-arabinose. These two are a group of enantiomers. The two are mirror images of each other.
Natural L-arabinose is widely found in various foods, including corn, wheat, rye, rice, sugar beets, etc. D-arabinose is usually synthetic. It is obtained by degrading D-glucose. Rarely seen in nature. Therefore, most of the arabinose mentioned on the market refers to L-arabinose.
L Arabinose Specification Sheet
|Type||Sweetener, food additive, supplement ingredient|
|Appearance||White crystal powder|
|Purity||Not less than 99.0%|
|Certifications||Kosher, Halal, GMP, etc.|
|MOQ (minimum order quantity)||1kg|
|OEM Service||Available, such as capsules, tablets, pills, etc.|
L Arabinose Benefits
- It can prevent three highs.
This sugar inhibits the activity of Leucocaridase in the intestine. After the activity of sugar enzyme is reduced, the digestion and absorption rate of sugar will be significantly reduced, which can prevent diabetes. It can also inhibit fat deposition in the human body and help prevent high blood pressure and hyperlipidemia.
- It helps with constipation.
Moderate consumption can promote the growth of bifidobacteria. It helps speed up bowel movements and improves bowel function. It helps prevent and improve constipation.
- It supports weight loss.
This substance changes muscle fibers. It can inhibit the growth of abdominal fat tissue to a certain extent.
- L-Arabinose was originally used commercially as a sweetener. It inhibits the enzyme sucrase, which blocks the breakdown of sucrose into glucose and fructose in the small intestine.
- Clinical trials have shown that this ingredient has a blocking effect on the metabolic conversion of sucrose. Therefore, its application prospects in weight loss, diabetes control, etc. are promising. At the same time, the American Medical Association also lists it as an anti-obesity nutritional supplement or over-the-counter drug.
- Japan’s Ministry of Health and Welfare has listed it as a special health product additive regulating blood sugar.
All in all, Arabinose can be used in food and health products for diabetes, weight loss, health-functional foods, and sucrose additives. Or it can be used as a medicine, an additive for over-the-counter medicines, an excipient for finished medicines, and an intermediate for the synthesis of flavors and fragrances and medicines.
Buy L Arabinose On Nutri Avenue
Nutri Avenue offers bulk L-Arabinose ≥99.0% purity at wholesale price. We can provide relevant information about the product, such as COA, test reports, etc. Welcome to get a free quote.