What Is Luteolin Powder?
Luteolin powder is a natural compound derived from plants that belongs to a group of compounds known as flavonoids. Flavonoids are widely distributed in various fruits, vegetables, and herbs and are known for their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Luteolin, in particular, is found in high concentrations in certain foods such as celery, parsley, thyme, and peppers.
The extraction and purification of Luteolin from these plant sources result in a fine powder that can be used for various purposes. Luteolin powder is often a dietary supplement due to its potential health benefits. It is thought to have antioxidant qualities, which means it can aid in neutralizing damaging free radicals in the body and protecting cells from harm caused by oxidative stress.
Additionally, Luteolin has been studied for its anti-inflammatory effects. Chronic inflammation has been related to various health problems, including cancer, coronary artery disease, and neurological illnesses. Luteolin may help reduce inflammation by inhibiting the body’s production of inflammatory molecules and enzymes.
Furthermore, luteolin powder has shown promise in various areas of health research. Luteolin has been studied for its possible anti-cancer qualities, with research indicating that it may help suppress cancer cell development and trigger apoptosis (programmed cell death). Moreover, it has been studied for its neuroprotective effects and ability to enhance cognitive function and memory.
Common Bulk Pure Luteolin Powder Specifications
Bulk pure luteolin powder is available in various purities depending on the manufacturer and product. One possible purity specification for bulk pure luteolin powder is 98%.
- Pure Bulk Luteolin 90% powder
- Pure Bulk Luteolin 95% powder
- Pure Bulk Luteolin 98% powder
- Pure Bulk Luteolin 99% powder
- Pure Bulk Luteolin 99.5% powder
- Pure Bulk Luteolin 99.9% powder
|Appearance||Fine, yellow powder|
|Particle Size||100-200 mesh|
|Water Content||≤ 5%|
|MOQ (minimum order quantity)||1kg|
|OEM Service||Available, such as capsules, tablets, pills, etc.|
Where Does Luteolin Powder Make From?
Luteolin powder is derived from various plant sources that naturally contain this flavonoid compound. Common plants known for their high luteolin content include celery, parsley, thyme, and peppers. These plants are typically harvested, and Luteolin is extracted from them through a process that involves isolation, purification, and concentration.
The extraction of Luteolin involves using solvents, such as ethanol or water, to separate the compound from the plant material. The solvent dissolves Luteolin and other desired components while leaving behind unwanted substances. After extraction, the solvent is usually evaporated, resulting in a concentrated extract. This extract is then further processed to obtain a pure form of Luteolin, which is often in the form of a fine powder.
The purification process aims to remove impurities and other compounds that may be present in the extract. It typically involves techniques such as filtration, centrifugation, and chromatography to isolate Luteolin and obtain a highly refined product.
Luteolin is typically dried and powdered into a very fine powder after purifying. This powder form allows easy handling, storage, and formulation into different products, such as dietary supplements or functional foods.
What Is The Best Source Of Luteolin Powder?
The most common source of luteolin powder is often celery (Apium graveolens). Celery is known to have a relatively high concentration of Luteolin compared to other plant sources. The leaves, stalks, and seeds of celery all contain Luteolin. Therefore, celery extract is commonly used as a source of luteolin powder in dietary supplements and functional food products.
Celery is a widely cultivated vegetable readily available in many parts of the world. Its popularity as a dietary source of Luteolin is due to its rich flavonoid content, including Luteolin. Celery is also known for its potential health benefits and is commonly used in traditional medicine.
However, it’s important to note that Luteolin can also be found in other plant sources, albeit in varying concentrations. Other plants, such as parsley, thyme, and peppers, also contain notable amounts of Luteolin and may be used as alternative sources for luteolin powder.
What are the benefits of Luteolin?
Luteolin offers several potential health benefits due to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and other biological properties. Here are some of the benefits associated with Luteolin.
- Antioxidant Activity: Luteolin functions as an antioxidant, assisting the body in neutralizing damaging free radicals. This antioxidant activity aids in the protection of cells against oxidative stress and damage produced by reactive oxygen species in the environment.
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects: Luteolin has been studied for its anti-inflammatory properties. It may help inhibit the production of inflammatory molecules and enzymes, potentially reducing chronic inflammation associated with conditions such as heart disease, cancer, and neurodegenerative disorders.
- Potential Cancer Prevention: Luteolin has shown promise in various studies as a cancer-preventive compound. It may assist in suppressing cancer cell proliferation, trigger apoptosis (programmed cell death), and disrupt particular signaling pathways involved in tumor formation.
- Neuroprotective Effects: Luteolin has been investigated for its neuroprotective properties. It may help protect brain cells from oxidative stress, reduce inflammation in the brain, and exhibit potential benefits in neurodegenerative conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
- Cognitive Enhancement: Some research suggests that Luteolin may have cognitive-enhancing effects. It may help improve memory, learning, and overall cognitive function by modulating signaling pathways and reducing oxidative stress in the brain.
- Cardiovascular Health: Luteolin may have cardiovascular benefits by reducing inflammation, protecting against oxidative damage to blood vessels, and improving blood flow. These effects may contribute to a lower risk of heart disease and improve cardiovascular health.
- Anti-allergic Properties: Luteolin has been shown to possess anti-allergic properties by inhibiting inflammatory mediators and immune responses involved in allergic reactions. It may help alleviate symptoms associated with allergic conditions such as asthma, allergic rhinitis, and allergic skin conditions.
- Antimicrobial Activity: Luteolin exhibits antimicrobial activity against certain bacteria and viruses. It may help inhibit the growth and spread of harmful microorganisms, potentially contributing to immune system support and infection prevention.
Who is the top pure powdered Luteolin Supplier?
Are you in search of the top pure powdered luteolin supplier? Look no further than Nutri Avenue! With its unwavering commitment to quality, Nutri Avenue stands above the rest. Our luteolin powder is meticulously sourced, processed, and tested to ensure maximum purity and efficacy. Experience the difference with Nutri Avenue, your trusted partner in superior luteolin supplementation.
What Is Luteolin Powder Manufacturing Process?
The manufacturing process of luteolin powder involves several steps to extract and purify the luteolin compound from plant sources. While specific procedures may vary between manufacturers, here is a general outline of the manufacturing process.
No, luteolin and quercetin are not the same. They are two different flavonoid compounds with similar structures but distinct chemical compositions and properties.
No, luteolin and lutein are not the same. Luteolin is a flavonoid compound found in various plants, while lutein is a carotenoid pigment commonly found in green leafy vegetables and yellow/orange fruits. They have different chemical structures and functions in the body.