What Is Magnesium Taurate?
Magnesium taurate is a compound that combines Magnesium with Taurine, an amino acid. It is a chelated form of Magnesium, where Magnesium is bound to Taurine to enhance its absorption and bioavailability in the body. Taurine acts as a carrier molecule, facilitating the transport of Magnesium into cells.
Magnesium taurate is commonly used as a dietary supplement to support magnesium levels. Magnesium is essential in numerous physiological processes, including muscle and nerve function, energy production, and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth. On the other hand, Taurine has various roles in the body, including supporting cardiovascular health and regulating electrolyte balance.
Combining Magnesium and Taurine in magnesium taurate offers potential synergistic effects, as both compounds have unique health benefits. Magnesium taurate may benefit cardiovascular health, neurotransmitter balance, and cellular function.
As with any dietary supplement, it’s essential to consult a healthcare professional before starting magnesium taurate or any other supplementation. They can guide appropriate dosage and usage based on individual needs and health conditions.
Common Bulk Pure Magnesium Taurate Powder Specifications
Regarding bulk pure Magnesium Taurate powder, the possible purities can vary. Here are two examples in the market.
- Pure 8% Magnesium Taurate powder
- Magnesium Taurate 99% pure powder
|Appearance||White or off-white|
|Particle Size||Fine powder, typically micronized|
|Certifications||GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) certified|
|Water Content||≤ 1%|
|Test Method||HPLC, FTIR, ICP-MS|
|MOQ (minimum order quantity)||1kg|
|OEM Service||Available, such as capsules, tablets, pills, etc.|
What Forms Does Magnesium Have?
Here are the different forms of Magnesium along with their introductions, including relevant information such as CAS number, molecular structure, molecular weight, other names, and FDA approval status:
- Magnesium Citrate:
- Magnesium citrate powder is a magnesium and citric acid combination. It is commonly used as a dietary supplement to support magnesium levels and as a laxative for occasional constipation.
- CAS Number: 3344-18-1
- Molecular Structure: C6H6MgO7
- Molecular Weight: 214.41 g/mol
- Other Names: Trimagnesium dicitrate or magnesium citric acid
- FDA-Approved: Magnesium citrate is FDA-approved as an over-the-counter laxative for relieving occasional constipation.
- Magnesium Glycinate:
- Magnesium glycinate powder is a Magnesium chelate that contains the amino acid glycine. It is known for its high bioavailability and is often used as a dietary supplement to support magnesium levels and promote relaxation.
- CAS Number: 14783-68-7
- Molecular Structure: C4H8MgN2O4
- Molecular Weight: 208.42 g/mol
- Other Names: Magnesium bis-glycinate or magnesium glycinate
- FDA-Approved: Magnesium glycinate is not explicitly FDA-approved, but magnesium supplements, in general, are considered safe for consumption.
- Magnesium Chloride:
- Magnesium chloride is a compound containing Magnesium and chlorine ions. It is used for various purposes, including as a supplement, food production, and medical treatments.
- CAS Number: 7786-30-3
- Molecular Structure: MgCl2
- Molecular Weight: 95.21 g/mol
- Other Names: Magnesium dichloride
- FDA-Approved: Magnesium chloride is not specifically FDA-approved but is commonly used in food and dietary supplements.
- Magnesium Lactate:
- Magnesium lactate is a compound formed by combining Magnesium with lactic acid. It is a dietary supplement known for its potential benefits in promoting energy production and supporting muscle function.
- CAS Number: 18917-93-6
- Molecular Structure: C6H10MgO6
- Molecular Weight: 202.43 g/mol
- Other Names: Lactic acid, magnesium salt
- FDA-Approved: Magnesium lactate is not specifically FDA-approved but commonly used in food and dietary supplements.
- Magnesium Malate:
- Magnesium malate is a compound consisting of Magnesium and malic acid. It is commonly used as a supplement and is known for its potential benefits in promoting energy production and supporting muscle function.
- CAS Number: 3344-18-1
- Molecular Structure: C4H6MgO5
- Molecular Weight: 130.37 g/mol
- Other Names: Malic acid, magnesium salt
- FDA-Approved: Magnesium malate is not specifically FDA-approved but commonly used in food and dietary supplements.
- Magnesium Taurate:
- Magnesium taurate is a compound that combines Magnesium with Taurine, an amino acid. It’s a popular dietary supplement because of its possible advantages in supporting cardiovascular health and fostering a calm mood.
- CAS Number: Varies based on the specific taurate compound used.
- Molecular Structure: Varies based on the specific taurate compound used.
- Molecular Weight: Varies based on the specific taurate compound used.
- Other Names: Taurine magnesium salt
- FDA-Approved: Magnesium taurate is not specifically FDA-approved but is commonly used in food and dietary supplements.
- Magnesium Sulfate:
- Magnesium sulfate is a compound containing Magnesium, sulfur, and oxygen. It is commonly known as Epsom salt and is used for various purposes, including as a laxative, muscle relaxant, and in medical treatments.
- CAS Number: 7487-88-9
- Molecular Structure: MgSO4
- Molecular Weight: 120.37 g/mol
- Other Names: Epsom salt
- FDA-Approved: Magnesium sulfate is FDA-approved for various medical uses, including as a laxative, electrolyte replenisher, and in the treatment of pre-eclampsia and eclampsia.
- Magnesium Oxide:
- Magnesium oxide powder is a compound formed by combining Magnesium with oxygen. It is commonly used as a dietary supplement and antacid to relieve heartburn, indigestion, and sour stomach.
- CAS Number: 1309-48-4
- Molecular Structure: MgO
- Molecular Weight: 40.30 g/mol
- Other Names: Magnesia
- FDA-Approved: Magnesium oxide is FDA-approved as an antacid for relief from heartburn, indigestion, and sour stomach.
What Is The Best Source Of Magnesium Taurate Powder?
The source of magnesium taurate powder is the chemical synthesis of Magnesium and Taurine. Magnesium, typically derived from mineral sources, is combined with Taurine, an amino acid. The synthesis process involves the reaction of magnesium salts with Taurine to form magnesium taurate. The resulting compound is then processed and formulated into a powder form as a dietary supplement. The raw materials and production methods may vary among manufacturers, but the combination of Magnesium and Taurine is the fundamental source of magnesium taurate powder.
What is Magnesium Taurate good for?
Magnesium taurate is commonly used as a dietary supplement due to its potential health benefits. Here are some possible uses and benefits of magnesium taurate:
- Heart Health: Magnesium taurate is often taken to support cardiovascular health. Magnesium helps maintain normal heart rhythm and blood pressure, while Taurine has been associated with positive effects on cardiac function and blood flow.
- Sleep and Relaxation: Magnesium and Taurine have relaxing properties that may aid in promoting quality sleep and reducing stress. Magnesium regulates neurotransmitters involved in sleep, while Taurine has calming effects on the central nervous system.
- Mood and Mental Health: Magnesium taurate has been suggested to support emotional well-being and mood balance. Magnesium is involved in neurotransmitter function and has been linked to a positive impact on anxiety and depression symptoms.
- Energy and Exercise Performance: Magnesium is crucial in energy production and muscle function. Taurine, on the other hand, may support exercise performance by reducing muscle damage and promoting recovery.
- Bone Health: Magnesium is necessary to maintain healthy bones and teeth. It helps regulate calcium absorption and metabolism, which is crucial for bone strength and density.
- Overall Magnesium Supplementation: Magnesium involves numerous bodily functions, including nerve function, muscle contraction, and enzyme activity. Magnesium taurate provides a bioavailable form of Magnesium for individuals who may have difficulty absorbing other forms.
What ingredients can use with Magnesium Taurate?
Magnesium taurate can be combined with various ingredients to create different formulations or supplement blends. Here are some ingredients commonly used in conjunction with magnesium taurate:
- Other Forms of Magnesium: Magnesium taurate can be combined with other forms of Magnesium, such as magnesium oxide, magnesium citrate, or magnesium glycinate, to provide a broader spectrum of magnesium supplementation.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Magnesium taurate is often incorporated into multivitamin or mineral formulations, where it is combined with other vitamins and minerals to provide a comprehensive nutrient blend.
- Herbal Extracts: Herbal extracts like valerian root powder, chamomile, or passionflower can be combined with magnesium taurate to create relaxation or sleep support formulas.
- B Vitamins: B vitamins, such as vitamin B6 or vitamin B12, are sometimes included in formulations with magnesium taurate to support energy metabolism and nervous system health.
- L-Theanine: The amino acid L-theanine powder, found in tea leaves, is frequently coupled with magnesium taurate to induce relaxation, stress reduction, and enhanced attention.
- Melatonin: Melatonin powder, a hormone the body naturally produces to control sleep-wake cycles, can be coupled with magnesium taurate to promote healthy sleep patterns.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Omega-3 fatty acids, commonly sourced from fish or plant-based oils like flaxseed or algae, may be added to magnesium taurate formulations to support cardiovascular health and overall well-being.
Who is the top Magnesium Taurate supplier?
Nutri Avenue is the unrivaled leader in Magnesium Taurate powder supply. With our unwavering commitment to excellence, Nutri Avenue consistently surpasses industry standards, providing the highest quality products. Our cutting-edge manufacturing processes ensure optimal bioavailability and absorption. Regarding Magnesium Taurate, Nutri Avenue is the name you can trust for unparalleled quality and results.
What Is Magnesium Taurate Manufacturing Process?
The manufacturing process of magnesium taurate involves the synthesis of Magnesium and Taurine to form the compound magnesium taurate. The general steps involved in the manufacturing process are as follows.
The most effective form of Magnesium is Magnesium Citrate. It is known for its high bioavailability, meaning it is easily absorbed and utilized by the body, making it an efficient option for addressing Magnesium deficiencies and supporting various bodily functions.
For sleep and anxiety, Magnesium Glycinate is often considered the best form. It has a calming effect on the nervous system and can help promote relaxation, making it beneficial for improving sleep quality and managing anxiety symptoms.
When it comes to maximum absorption, Magnesium L-Threonate is regarded as the top choice. Its unique structure allows it to penetrate the cell membrane and cross the blood-brain barrier effectively, resulting in enhanced delivery and utilization of Magnesium in the brain. It makes it ideal for maximizing Magnesium absorption and potential cognitive benefits.