What Is Vitamin B13 Orotic Acid?
Vitamin B13, also known as orotic acid, is a compound once believed to be a member of the vitamin B complex. However, it is no longer classified as a vitamin due to the discovery that it can be synthesized in the body.
Orotic acid is a heterocyclic compound that contains a pyrimidine ring structure. It is naturally produced in the body as an intermediate in the biosynthesis of pyrimidine nucleotides, essential for creating DNA and RNA.
Although not considered a proper vitamin, orotic acid is still interesting for its potential physiological effects. The substance in question has been subject to research due to its potential contribution to maintaining liver function and facilitating cellular growth and preservation. It is widely believed that Orotic acid confers metabolic benefits to fats, proteins, and carbohydrates, in addition to promoting the synthesis of phospholipids integral to cell membranes.
In some cases, orotic acid has been used as a dietary supplement, particularly in combination with other nutrients, to support various aspects of health. However, it’s important to note that the use of orotic acid as a supplement should be done under the guidance of a healthcare professional, as its safety and efficacy can vary depending on individual circumstances.
While orotic acid is no longer considered a proper vitamin, it still holds interest for its potential physiological effects and role in specific metabolic processes within the body.
Standard VB13 Orotic Acid Powder Specifications
- VB13 Orotic Acid 98% anhydrous powder (HPLC): This indicates that the VB13 Orotic Acid powder is at least 98% pure, with minimal water content. HPLC (High-Performance Liquid Chromatography) is a commonly used analytical technique to determine the purity of the compound.
- VB13 Orotic Acid 99% powder: This denotes that the VB13 Orotic Acid powder is at least 99% pure, with a higher purity level than the 98% version.
|Pyrimidinedione and carboxylic acid
|80 mesh or customized
|ISO 9001, GMP
|HPLC, FTIR, Microbiological testing
|MOQ (minimum order quantity)
|Available, such as capsules, tablets, pills, etc.
What Is The Best Source Of Pure Powdered Orotic Acid?
The most common source of pure powdered orotic acid is chemical synthesis in a laboratory setting. Orotic acid can be synthesized through various methods that involve the chemical reactions of appropriate precursors.
While orotic acid can be found in low concentrations in certain foods, such as dairy products and grains, it is not typically extracted from these sources on a large scale to produce pure powdered orotic acid.
Due to its relatively low abundance in natural sources and the ease of synthetic production, most commercially available pure powdered orotic acid is obtained through chemical synthesis. It allows for consistent purity and quality control, meeting the specific requirements for various pharmaceutical, research, and industrial applications.
What are the benefits of Orotic Acid?
Orotic acid, also known as vitamin B13 (although not classified as a vitamin), has been studied for its potential health benefits. While more research is needed to understand its mechanisms and effects fully, here are some potential benefits associated with orotic acid:
- Liver Health: Orotic acid has been investigated for its potential hepatoprotective properties, which may support liver health. It has been studied in conditions such as fatty liver disease and alcohol-induced liver damage, with some evidence suggesting it may help reduce liver fat accumulation and inflammation.
- Cell Growth and Repair: Orotic acid plays a role in synthesizing pyrimidine nucleotides, essential building blocks for DNA and RNA. It is involved in cellular growth, division, and repair processes, potentially supporting healthy cell function and tissue maintenance.
- Exercise Performance: Orotic acid has been studied for its potential effects on performance. It may improve physical endurance by enhancing energy metabolism and reducing exercise-induced fatigue.
- Heart Health: Some studies have suggested that orotic acid may positively affect heart health. It may help improve myocardial function, regulate blood pressure, and support cardiovascular health. However, more research is needed to confirm these findings.
- Nutrient Absorption: Orotic acid has been shown to enhance the absorption of certain nutrients, particularly minerals like calcium and magnesium. It may benefit individuals with nutrient deficiencies or those looking to optimize their nutrient intake.
Who is the best pure VB13 Orotic Acid Supplier?
Nutri Avenue is the unparalleled leader in supplying pure VB13 Orotic Acid. With an unwavering commitment to excellence, Nutri Avenue sets the benchmark for quality and purity. Impeccable sourcing, stringent quality control, and customer satisfaction define their superiority. Experience the difference with Nutri Avenue, your trusted source for VB13 Orotic Acid.
How To Manufacture Orotic Acid VB13 Powder?
The manufacturing process of Orotic Acid (VB13) powder typically involves the following steps.
Orotic acid, also known as pyrimidinecarboxylic acid, is a compound naturally synthesized in the body as an intermediate in the biosynthesis of pyrimidine nucleotides. It is produced through enzymatic reactions involving various precursors and metabolic pathways.
Orotic acid is derived from the body’s amino acids aspartate and glutamine. Aspartate is converted to a compound called carbamoyl phosphate, while glutamine provides the amide nitrogen necessary for orotic acid synthesis. These compounds undergo further enzymatic reactions to form orotic acid.
Orotic acid can be synthesized chemically in a laboratory setting from a synthetic standpoint. The process entails the reaction of suitable precursor compounds, commonly characterized by forming a pyrimidine ring, followed by a subsequent carboxylation step.
While orotic acid can be found in low concentrations in certain foods, such as dairy products and grains, it is not typically extracted from these sources on a large scale for commercial production.