L-carnitine, which is popularly known for weight loss, is now in different forms with different targets too. Acetyl L-carnitine, L-carnitine tartrate, L-carnitine fumarate, and L-carnitine base are the different forms of carnitine that function as a nootropic, antioxidant, and food additive, fat metabolic enhancer, and heart helper.
What Is L-Carnitine Fumarate?
L-carnitine fumarate is made up of two elements namely l-carnitine and fumaric acid. L-carnitine is widely known for its weight loss properties plus antioxidant and metabolic enhancing potentials. On the other hand, fumaric acid can be found in nature but also can be found in humans. Furmaric acid is the main component in the tricarboxylic acid cycle for organic acid biosynthesis or what we call the Krebs cycle or citric acid cycle. This Krebs cycle is an essential metabolic pathway that is very important in energy production in the mitochondrion. Therefore, when these two fuse together, they can be an aid in weight loss, supporter of the cardiovascular system (heart and muscle), and energy boosters.
L-carnitine fumarate is a stable form of non-essential amino acid, free-flowing, and less hygroscopic. Therefore, it is in dry formulation in the form of capsules or tablets. It is salt and likely similar in properties to l-carnitine tartrate but with different tasks. Finally, it is a carnitine that belongs to heart health products.
Benefits Of Taking In L-Carnitine Fumarate
- Maintains lipid metabolism (conversion of fats to energy)- l-carnitine acts as a carrier of fatty acids from the skeletal part of the body and heart, going to the mitochondria(Krebs’s cycle) to be oxidized and sooner converted to energy.
- Moreover, due to this energy conversion, l-carnitine fumarate became familiar to athletes and bodybuilders. They include it in their supplements for it can enhance their exercise recovery after strenuous workouts. How? It is through moderating tissue damage, lessening the production of free radicals, and even working on muscle soreness.
- It can send plenty of oxygen to the heart and muscles, which athletes mostly need. So maintaining the health of the cardiovascular system.
- Has the ability to increase endurance
- It may also be possible to reduce and stabilize heart attack and angina attacks and can even lessen the tendency of future attacks for it can improve you exercise performance.
- It has one of the highest bioavailability compared to the other carnitine forms.
- It can be used as a nutritional additive and can even function as calcium in the body.
What is the recommended dosage for L-Carnitine Fumarate?
Some manufacturer’s recommend 2-4 capsules a day to be taken in between meals in divided dosage. For tablet, 125m-500mg l-carnitine fumarate a day to be taken 30 minutes before breakfast for energy boost and not advisable to be taken at night.
What Are The Side Effects Of L-Carnitine Fumarate?
When overdosed with l-carnitine furmarate, you might experience headache. Aside from this, there are no scientifically proven side effects of carnitine furmarate therefore it is considered safe.
It is not allowed that pregnant and lactating women should take l-carnitine fumarate. Be on the safe side.
It is now out in the market in tablet, powder and capsule form. It can last up to two years when sealed in a cool, dry place.