Did you know that L-Glutathione (Tathion) was discovered to be effective in fighting cancer, concurrent viruses, and even cataracts? The benefits of L-Glutathione were hidden but through several researches, it was discovered that L-Glutathione is one of the most effective antioxidants. It serves as our bodies’ guard from different environmental threats like pollution, chemicals, and even poisons and could even give several health benefits.
What is L-Glutathione?
L-Glutathione is a sulfur-containing compound called Tripeptide. It contains three (3) amino acids; Glutamic acid, L- cysteine, and L-glycine. It occurs naturally, existing in almost every cell in the body. L-Glutathione was discovered by De-Rey-Pailhade in 1888. It is originally used as an antioxidant and detoxifier until researchers have found out more about the usage of L-Glutathione 30 years later. L-Glutathione was then explored and investigated to see the wonders it can do to our body.
L-Glutathione is also called the mother of all antioxidants and also the powerful antioxidant for it is intracellular (it works in the veins) and it has the ability to recycle antioxidants for the body to function well. In addition, glutathione is also used in tissue repair and building, production of chemicals and proteins which are essential in the body. Moreover, it is useful in protecting organs such as the liver, the eyes, skin, kidneys, brain, and heart.
What are the uses of L-Glutathione?
Glutathione has several roles in the human body such as being the body’s detoxifier, immune booster and an aid in several health issues which means that it is really important in maintaining good health. Let us take a look on the other benefit L-Glutathione could give.
- L-Glutathione can help prevent or cure Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases. In addition L-Glutathione could also aid in the treatment or prevention of heart, cancer, liver, kidney and cornea diseases.
- L-Glutathione also aids in the treatment and prevention of immune depression which occurs in people diagnosed with AIDS.
- L-Glutathione is proven to reduce flu symptoms and the chance of getting flu.
- L-Glutathione enhances the immune system making the body less prone to infections and cancer.
- In addition, L-Glutathione plays a vital role in the detoxification of the body. Toxins attach themselves with Glutathione which the later carry to be excreted from the body making an individual healthier.
- L-Glutathione can slow memory loss.
- L-Glutathione slows down the aging process.
- L-Glutathione supports the function of the liver, kidneys, and intestines.
- L-Glutathione can make your skin healthier.
- In some researchers, L-Glutathione has the ability to decrease muscle damage and recovery time. It also has the ability to increase strength and enduranceand it also aid in the muscle development.
Sources of L-Glutathione
The following can be a good source of L-Glutathione:
- Milk Thistle and Cumin– are good source of silymarin which is an antioxidant compound that aid the reduction of glutathione in the liver.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables are also nutritious sources.
- Animal productswhich are fresh have high content of glutathione and average content in dairy products and eggs.
- Foods with Seleniumor Alpha-Lipoic Acid such as cereals, oats, Brazil nuts, walnuts, legumes, tuna, beef, poultry, cheese, eggs, spinach, tomatoes, peas, Brussels sprouts, and mayonnaise
Forms of Glutathione
- Glutathione Whitening Pills and Capsules. Look for the reduced glutathione before buying glutathione pills or capsules for reduced glutathione will not easily lose its effectiveness in the body once it hits the bloodstream unlike the regular form of glutathione.
- Glutathione injections or Glutathione IV. The benefit of using Glutathione IV is to increase their glutathione level in their bloodstream.
- Glutathione Soap – it is another form of glutathione which is for external use.
- As an anti-oxidant/ anti-aging medication:10 mg – 20 mg. per Kg. B.W. (body weight) per day divided into two doses.
- As a whitening capsule: 20 – 40 mg. per Kg. B.W. (body weight) per day divided into two doses. The duration of your intake depends on your desired skin tone.
For best results, take L-Glutathione with empty stomach.
- L-Glutathione is not recommended for people who just undergone operation.
2. L-Glutathione should not be taken by people who are taking anti-psychotic drug and chemotherapeutic drug.
3. Drinking alcoholic beverages has a negative effect in the absorption of Glutathione in your body.