What is Fenugreek?
In this article, we are going to talk about the efficacy of Fenugreek herb supplements, in this part you are going to see what are the things that could hinder the power of Fenugreek. We all know that every supplement may have some chemicals that counteract with the different chemicals other medicines possess. We need to know these things to ensure safety of the users and to achieve the benefits we want to have.
Fenugreek is a kind of plant with a height of two feet. Fenugreek has white small flowers and has small-brown seeds. The fresh leaves, dried leaves and the seeds are all used by humans to make medicines or teas. Fenugreek herbs are also used to treat diabetes and to lower the fats of the blood and it is noted to be effective when taken by people with diabetes. Fenugreek is also noted to help in treating common ailments such as stomachache, headache including migraine, diarrhea, constipation, sore throat and even colds. Fenugreek herbs contain several nutrients which help in curing wounds and other types of skin rashes. Fenugreek is an herb that serves as an aphrodisiac, or it simply means that it helps in arousing sexual desires between a man and a woman. This suggests that it helps in the sexual relationship of couples who are having problems on bed.
What are the things you have to remember before taking the Fenugreek herb supplements?
1. Taking medicines for diabetes may interact with fenugreek. When you are diabetic and you are taking medications, you must be careful when you take fenugreek. Medicines for diabetes and fenugreek both lower blood sugar; this means that when you take both of them, your blood sugar will have the tendency to decrease to the critical level. It is then advised that you monitor your blood sugar regularly and have some adjustments regarding your intake of either Fenugreek herb or your medicines for diabetes. You must then consult your physician so that unwanted results will be avoided.
2. Taking Fenugreek along with medicines which slow blood clotting should be avoided or should be taken with caution with an advice from your physician. Both Fenugreek herbal supplements and medicines which slow blood clotting both have the same work in the body, this may result to internal bleeding and bruising. These results may lead to serious cases and even death, to ensure your safety; you need to seek the advice of your physician.
3. It also advised that people with allergies on powders should have an extra care when using the Fenugreek herbs. Fenugreek herbs contain some chemicals that may worsen allergies and problems regarding the sinuses. People who have asthma should also avoid using Fenugreek especially the seeds.
4. People who are taking drugs or drinking alcohol should also use Fenugreek herbs with caution. There are certain chemicals that may interact with Fenugreek and may cause decrease of blood sugar, bleeding and other serious results.
5. Fenugreek is reported to be good for all but pregnant women should avoid using fenugreek. Fenugreek may affect the uterine so it is very dangerous for women who are pregnant because it can cause miscarriage. In addition, Fenugreek herbs may also cure some forms of cancer but it affects the growth of breast cancer cells. This suggests that women who are diagnosed to have breast cancer should never take it without consulting their physician.
6. If you are a person who is taking medications due to stress or other related conditions, you should avoid taking Fenugreek herbs. Fenugreek herbs have the capability to increase the effects of these medications so it may lead to negative results which the body cannot handle. It is still the best to consult your physician when you want to take Fenugreek herbs.
7. Fenugreek herbs may cause hypoglycemia when it is taken too much. Hypoglycemia is a condition wherein a person has an abnormal decrease of blood sugar. This condition is not good and it may cause several unwanted results. This suggests that even Fenugreek is an herb, taking too much of it is never recommended because it can also give the body negative effects. In addition, people who are anemic or people who have low blood amount should avoid taking Fenugreek herbs because Fenugreek has the capability to slow iron absorption in the body.
You must not forget to check your blood pressure and even your blood sugar so that you will be able to monitor the changes and solve the side effects right away if there are any, to avoid more serious complications.