What is Hordenine HCL?
Hordenine HCL is an alkaloid found in plants such as sprouting barley, malt, bitter orange and some species of cactus. It is said to be the same with phenylethylamine which is also a Nootropic that has the ability to enter the BBB (blood brain barrier) and structurally related to the tyramine which is an amino acid.
It is now out in the market as nootropics and weight loss supplement and claims to have a stimulant-like effect and even used as appetite suppressant and energy booster. It is popularly known to be a MAO (monoamine oxidase) Inhibitor in which it is used as anti-depressant.
Benefits of Hordenine HCL
- It is considered as nootropic therefore it helps improve mental focus and concentration and even serves as mood enhancer. Due to being a MAOI (Monoamine oxidase inhibitor) it is used as anti-depressant especially when all drugs fail to treat the depressed person. Furthermore, MAO destroys the neurotransmitters like dopamine, especially norepinephrine which is responsible for the functioning of the central nervous system (heart rate, blood pressure, lungs).In this case, hordenine HCL works to block the MAO therefore making the brain healthy.
- It aids in the activation of some stimulants like caffeine and most especially Phenylethylamine (PEA) leading to the crossing of the BBB and allowing these stimulants to work longer in the system without the MAO interfering their activity for Hordenine HCL is known to be a MAO-B inhibitor
- It is also said to be an energy booster. Due to its characteristic as being a stimulant-like effect, an athlete is given much energy to do long time strenuous activities or hard workouts leading to lose of weight.
- In relation to its characteristic as an agent to weight loss, it is also considered to be an appetite suppressant in which it decreases the desire of eating due to slowed digestion.
- It is claimed to be a stimulant of the central nervous system
- It can also be used as nutritional supplement.
Hordenine HCL Side Effects according to users:
- Rapid heart beat
Hordenine HCL dosage
As a starter, it is safe to take 25mg of Hordenine HCL 3x a day with meals. You can even take it with coffee. Change of dosage depends on your body tolerance so when taking this supplement, you also need to test your tolerance first to decide the proper dosage.
Pregnant and lactating women, children and teens and even people with heart and medical condition are not allowed to use this product.
Many athletes stack Hordenine HCL with PEA or Phenylethylamine, Caffeine and even Yohimbine.
Hordenine HCL may it be powder or capsule, may last for 2 years when place in a cool dry place and away from direct sunlight.