What is 7-methoxyflavone?
7-methoxyflavone is also called as 7-methoxy-2-phenyl-4H-chromen-4-one or 7-methoxy-2-phenylchromen-4-one which is popular nowadays as one of the most powerful aromatase inhibitor and testosterone booster. It is considered as a natural compound and non-steroidal because it binds reversibly with aromatase which is an enzyme that helps produce estrogen through the conversion of androgen (testosterone) to estrogen.
There are only few 7-methoxyflavone products out in the market these days for there is no enough information about this product.
What are the benefits of 7-methoxyflavone?
- As an aromatase inhibitor, it slows down the development of breast cancer specifically women under postmenopausal age for their estrogen comes from the androgen that was converted to estrogen done by the enzyme called aromatase. In this case, 7-methoxyflavone serves as aromatase inhibitor in which it helps lessen the production of estrogen which is the main reason for breast cancer development. When estrogen is too high in the body, it leads to breast cancer (for both men and women), infertility, ovarian cancer (women), prostate problems, low libido and gynecomastia for men. Due to these characteristics, aromatase inhibitors are regarded as chemo preventive or chemotherapeutic agent.
- As testosterone booster- Men’s body has higher concentration of testosterone therefore leading to lean muscle with energy level maintenance and healthy libido with sperm production. Testosterone level declines as men age therefore testosterone supplementation is needed to maintain their over-all health but testosterone must still be balance and not too high. Recent study shows that low testosterone level in the body can result to a very short life span while too high testosterone level can have longer life span compared to the low-level ones therefore balance level is recommended.
- Also found out to be more resistant to metabolism
- Has high ability to resist hepatic breakdown (liver malfunction)
- Possible chemo-prevention/chemotherapeutic agent
Some foods which are also considered aromatase inhibitors are:
- Crusiferous vegetables like broccoli,cauliflower and cabbage in which it helps cleanse the bad estrogen molecules.
- Olive oil and coconut oil
- Citrus fruits like limes and lemons
- Fermented foods and even red wine
- Celery stalks