What is Schizandrol-A?
Plants are the savior of the people who lived in the early ages of the century for there are still no factories or synthetic medicines to cure the ailments that they are going through. Schisandra is one of these plants that have been used by the people in the past to improve their health or to cure the disease that they are undergoing. Schizandra is also known as Wu Wei Zi; meaning five-flavor fruit because of the tastes of its berries. In addition, Schisandra could also be seen in many forms such as powder, wines, and teas and also utilized in capsules as a standalone supplement or mixed with other herbal compounds. At present, Schisandra Chinensis berry extracts are starting to create a name in the market and are being used as a supplement but it is commonly taken as a nootropic.
Schizandrol-A is an extract from Schisandra, a plant commonly grown in North America, Asia and in China and is being used as a medicine traditionally for common colds, and as a kidney and lever protector as well. Schizandrol-A is a very essential lignan of Schisandra Chinensis; lignans are phytochemicals from plants which are polyphenols; and polyphenols are micronutrients which prevent the occurrence of degenerative diseases such as cancer. In addition, it was also proven in some studies that Schizandrol-A is a powerful anti-oxidant making it a great aid to attain better health.
Health Benefits and Uses of Schizabdrol-A
Let us look into the different benefits Schisandra Chinensis berry extracts could offer.
- Schizandrol-A enhances mental performance which includes retention, focus and speed of thinking.
- Schizandrol-A is adaptogenic meaning it has the ability to promote both in the stability of the body’s internal environment and in the brain making it a great stress reducer promoting relaxation and stable energy
- Schizandrol-A could also aid in increasing physical performance, energy and endurance.
- Schizandrol-A is also being claimed to reduce the level of cortisol (a hormone naturally produce in the body when stressed; with high levels of cortisol, it gives harmful effects on the human health.
- Schizandrol-A is also being considered as the stimulant of the body and mind for its ability to stimulate the central nervous system increasing physical and mental performance.
- Schizandrol-A, in some accounts is also being claimed as an aid in fat loss and in gaining lean body mass. In addition, it could also aid in increasing the level of Nitric Oxide in the body.
- Schizandrol-A is also being claimed in some researches to aid in the protection of the liver and a stimulant of sexual activities in both men and women.
- Schizandrol-A is also being used medicinally as a treatment for cancer, heart disease and also being used in conditions such as ADD and ADHD.
Safety and Dosing of Schizandrol-A
The statements above are the different benefits a person may reap in taking Schizandrol-A and Schizandrol-A is noted not to give any side effects. However, it may give also give side effects to some people such as appetite and abdominal discomfort. In addition, pregnant and breast feeding women should not take Schizandrol-A for it may cause miscarriage. Overdosing is never recommended and if you have health problems, consult your doctor before using Schizandrol-A as a supplement.
The safe dosage commonly used is 100-400mg, 3 times a day but you can take it in a lower amount (50mg) when you are starting to gauge whether it matches with your system or not.