What Is N-Acetyl L-Cysteine?N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC) is a derivative of cysteine. The compound is produced by acetylating L-cysteine, adding an acetyl group to the cysteine molecule. This modification improves the stability and bioavailability of cysteine. Cysteine is an amino acid that is not essential, but the human body can endogenously synthesize that. It is vital in producing glutathione, a potent antioxidant that safeguards cells against oxidative harm. Glutathione plays a role in detoxification and aids in the functioning of the immune system. NAC is acknowledged for its therapeutic potential and is frequently utilized as a dietary supplement. The compound offers a stabilized and bioavailable source of cysteine, facilitating efficient absorption and utilization by the body. N-acetylcysteine (NAC) supplementation facilitates glutathione synthesis and replenishes cysteine levels in the body through exogenous cysteine supply.
Common Bulk NAC Powder SpecificationsN-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) powder is available in various purities depending on the intended application and manufacturer. Here are some common purity grades for NAC powder:
- Pharmaceutical Grade: Purity: N-Acetyl Cysteine, NAC powder≥98%
- USP/NF Grade: Purity: N-Acetyl Cysteine, NAC powder≥98%
- FCC Grade: Purity: N-Acetyl Cysteine, NAC powder≥98%
- Technical/Industrial Grade: Purity: N-Acetyl Cysteine, NAC powder≥95%
|Type||Amino acid derivative|
|Appearance||Fine, white crystalline powder|
|Content||≥98% or ≥99% (by weight)|
|Purity||High purity grade (>98% or >99%)|
|Particle Size||80-200 mesh|
|Certifications||GMP, ISO 9001|
|Water Content||≤1% or ≤2%|
|Test Method||Compendial or in-house methods|
|MOQ (minimum order quantity)||1kg|
|OEM Service||Available, such as capsules, tablets, pills, etc.|
What Is The Source Of N Acetyl L Cysteine Powder?N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC) is a derivative of cysteine. NAC powder is primarily synthesized chemically in a laboratory. This compound’s production process entails acetylating L-cysteine by adding an acetyl group to its amino group. NAC is not typically obtained from natural food sources or extracted from natural substances. Instead, it is commercially produced as a pharmaceutical or dietary supplement ingredient using synthetic methods. The synthesis of NAC allows for consistent purity, quality, and control over the final product.
What are the benefits of N-Acetyl Cysteine?N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) has been studied for its various potential benefits. The following are frequently cited advantages of N-acetylcysteine (NAC):
- Antioxidant Support: NAC is a precursor to endogenous glutathione, a potent antioxidant. Supplementation aids in restoring glutathione levels, thereby reinforcing antioxidant mechanisms and diminishing oxidative stress.
- Respiratory Health: NAC is known for its mucolytic properties, which help break down and thin mucus. It is commonly used to support respiratory health and may relieve chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and cystic fibrosis.
- Liver Health: NAC supports liver health by promoting detoxification and eliminating harmful substances. It is often used as an antidote for acetaminophen (paracetamol) overdose.
- Mental Health Support: NAC has shown potential in supporting mental health conditions. It may help reduce symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), bipolar disorder, and addiction. NAC’s antioxidant properties and ability to modulate glutamate levels in the brain are thought to contribute to its therapeutic effects.
- Immune Function: NAC has been studied for its immunomodulatory properties. It may help enhance immune function and support the body’s defense against infections and inflammatory conditions.
- Fertility Support: Some studies suggest that NAC may positively affect fertility, particularly in men. It has been associated with improved sperm quality and motility.
- Skin Health: NAC’s antioxidant properties may benefit the skin by protecting against oxidative damage, supporting collagen synthesis, and helping to maintain a healthy complexion.
Where can you buy bulk N-Acetyl L-Cysteine NAC powder online?Nutri Avenue is your ultimate destination for purchasing bulk N-Acetyl L-Cysteine powder, or NAC powder online. With our extensive selection, exceptional quality, and unbeatable prices, Nutri Avenue is your trusted source for all your NAC needs. Experience the convenience of online shopping and unlock the power of NAC with Nutri Avenue today!
What Is NAC Powder Manufacturing Process?The general overview of how NAC powder is typically produced:
NAC is a precursor to glutathione, meaning it helps the body produce glutathione. Glutathione is a tripeptide antioxidant naturally produced in the body. NAC provides the building blocks for glutathione synthesis, while L-glutathione is the fully formed molecule.
NAC is an acetylated cysteine derivative resulting from adding an acetyl group to the amino group. L-cysteine is the native configuration of the amino acid. N-acetylcysteine (NAC) is a more stable and bioavailable cysteine source than L-cysteine.
N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) has shown potential therapeutic effects in respiratory infections, including influenza and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS). It has been investigated as a possible adjunctive treatment for COVID-19.
Common side effects of NAC can include gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal discomfort. It can elicit allergic reactions or dermatitis in specific individuals. Adverse effects are infrequent and manifest at high dosages or after extended administration.
N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) is an FDA-approved drug for specific indications, such as an antidote for acetaminophen overdose and a diagnostic aid for radiographic imaging of the liver. However, the FDA does not explicitly regulate or approve NAC as a dietary supplement or for off-label use.