What Is Artichoke Extract?
Artichoke extract is a concentrated form of various bioactive compounds derived from the artichoke plant Cynara scolymus. It is obtained primarily from the plant leaves but may also include other parts. The extract is created through methods such as solvent extraction or water-based extraction.
The extract contains various beneficial compounds, including antioxidants, flavonoids, and caffeoylquinic acids like cynarin. It has a long history of use in traditional medicine, particularly in Mediterranean countries. Its potential health benefits have gained popularity as a dietary supplement.
One of the main claimed benefits of artichoke extract is its support for liver health. It is believed to promote liver function by increasing bile production and flow, aiding in the digestion and absorption of fats. Additionally, some compounds in artichoke extract have been studied for their potential to lower LDL cholesterol levels and increase HDL cholesterol levels, which can support cardiovascular health.
Artichoke extract may also have positive effects on digestion. It is thought to alleviate symptoms of indigestion, such as bloating and discomfort, by promoting the production of digestive enzymes and supporting healthy gut function. Furthermore, antioxidants found in artichoke extracts can protect cells from free radical damage.
Another potential benefit of artichoke extract is its impact on blood sugar control. Research suggests that it may enhance insulin sensitivity and potentially reduce glucose absorption in the intestines, which could have implications for managing blood sugar levels. However, further studies are needed to entirely understand its effects in this area.
Artichoke extract contains various bioactive compounds. Here are some examples of commonly found compounds in artichoke extract, along with their CAS numbers, molecular formulas, and molecular weights.
Chlorogenic Acid: 327-97-9
Caffeic Acid: 331-39-5
Chlorogenic Acid: C16H18O9
Caffeic Acid: C9H8O4
Cynarin: 516.45 g/mol
Luteolin: 286.24 g/mol
Chlorogenic Acid: 354.31 g/mol
Caffeic Acid: 180.16 g/mol
Common Bulk Pure Artichoke Extract Specifications
Pure artichoke extract is available in different purities, depending on the product and manufacturing process. Here are two examples:
- Artichoke 5% Powdered Extract: This indicates that the powdered extract contains a minimum of 5% of the desired active compound(s), such as cynarin or other beneficial constituents in artichoke extract. The remaining 95% may consist of other natural plant compounds, excipients, or fillers used in the formulation.
- Artichoke Extract Liquid: The purity of liquid artichoke extract can vary depending on the product. It can range from a standardized extract with a particular percentage of active compounds (such as 2%, 5%, or higher) to a non-standardized section that contains a broad range of artichoke constituents. The label or product documentation should provide details on the specific purity or standardization level, if applicable.
|Content||Min. 5% Cynarin|
|Particle Size||80 mesh|
|Solvent||Water or ethanol|
|Water Content||Max. 5%|
|Test Method||HPLC, GC, Microbiological tests|
|MOQ (minimum order quantity)||1kg|
|OEM Service||Available, such as capsules, tablets, pills, etc.|
What Is The Natural Source Of Artichoke Extract?
The natural source of artichoke extract is the artichoke plant itself, scientifically known as Cynara scolymus. The extract is primarily derived from the leaves of the artichoke plant, although other parts of the plant, such as the stems or roots, may also be used in some cases.
Artichoke plants are native to the region known as the Mediterranean and have long been used for culinary and medicinal purposes. The leaves of the artichoke plant contain various bioactive compounds, including antioxidants, flavonoids, and caffeoylquinic acids, which are extracted to create artichoke extract.
To obtain the extract, various extraction methods can be employed. It may involve using solvents, such as ethanol, to extract the beneficial compounds from the leaves or utilizing a water-based extraction process. The resulting extract contains a concentrated amount of the plant’s bioactive compounds and is used for various purposes, including as a dietary supplement or in producing herbal remedies.
What is the artichoke extract good for?
Artichoke extract is believed to offer several potential health benefits. While scientific research is ongoing and further studies are needed to understand its effects fully, here are some of the areas where artichoke extract has shown promise:
- Liver health: Artichoke extract is commonly used to support liver function and promote liver health. It stimulates bile synthesis and flow, aiding fat digestion and absorption. Individuals with liver issues or those wishing to improve their general liver health may benefit.
- Cholesterol management: Some artichoke extract constituents, such as cynarin, have been researched for their ability to reduce LDL cholesterol while increasing HDL cholesterol. Artichoke extract may help support cardiovascular health by promoting a healthier cholesterol profile.
- Digestive health: Artichoke extract is thought to have positive effects on digestion. It may help alleviate symptoms of indigestion, such as bloating, gas, and discomfort. The extract is believed to stimulate the production of digestive enzymes, promote healthy gut function, and support overall digestive wellness.
- Antioxidant properties: Artichoke extract contains antioxidants that can help protect the body’s cells from oxidative stress caused by free radicals. It may have implications for overall cellular health and protection against various diseases and conditions associated with oxidative damage.
- Blood sugar control: Research suggests that artichoke extract may help regulate blood sugar levels. It may improve insulin sensitivity and limit glucose breakdown in the intestines, which can help those who have diabetes or those trying to control their blood sugar levels.
Who is the top Artichoke Powder Extract Supplier?
Nutri Avenue is the unrivaled leader in artichoke powder extract supply! With our unwavering commitment to quality and unparalleled expertise, Nutri Avenue delivers premium artichoke extract. Harnessing the power of nature, our meticulously crafted products offer unrivaled health benefits. Trust Nutri Avenue for the pinnacle of artichoke extract excellence. Elevate your well-being with the trusted name in the industry – Nutri Avenue!
How To Manufacture Artichoke Extract Powder?
The manufacturing process of artichoke extract powder involves several steps. Here is a general overview of the process.
Artichoke extract and milk thistle powder are both herbal supplement ingredients known for their potential benefits to liver health, but they have different mechanisms of action.
Artichoke extract supports liver function by promoting bile production and flow, aiding in the digestion and absorption of fats, and potentially offering antioxidant properties.
On the other hand, milk thistle contains a compound called silymarin, which is thought to have hepatoprotective effects. It may help protect liver cells from damage caused by toxins and support the regeneration of liver tissue.
While both artichoke extract and milk thistle are commonly used to support liver health, it’s important to note that individual responses may vary, and it’s best to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the most appropriate supplement for your specific needs.